Creative Director behind The Bower and the Byron Beach Abodes collective of luxury holiday properties, has a particular fondness for the outdoor shower and bath in The Cottage where you walk out the door from the cosiest of master bedrooms, through the ensuite to the deep, vintage tin bath, rain shower, dark-stained timber screening wall, and zen-like white stone courtyard.
Homes To Love, which is always full of inspiration on interiors and outdoors as well as great home design and renovation ideas, has put together a list of luxurious outdoor bathtubs from around Oz. Check out their list then come see ours first hand. The hand-mixed, fragrant bath salts will be waiting for you.
1. An architectural country retreat "built from recycled Oregon and Ironbark", The Wensley is the epitome of rustic luxury. Explore the Great Ocean Road and surrounding countryside or, if you'd prefer to to stay in, either relax by the fire or enjoy panoramic views from the galvanised french outdoor bath tub in the warmer months. Visit airbnb.com
2. Expect endless opportunities for relaxation during your stay at Freycinet Lodge, a secluded eco lodge tucked within Freycinet National Park on Tasmania's east coast. The lodge recently underwent a refurbishment of sorts, with nine elegant and environmentally sensitive Coastal Pavilions replacing six existing cabins. Each pavilion is designed to provide a sense of privacy and seclusion and a connection with the landscape and what better way than with an inviting outdoor bath. Visit freycinetlodge.com.au
3. Located opposite a lush nature reserve, in the heart of Byron Bay's market precinct, Barefoot Cottage has all the makings of a chilled-out coastal escape. A huge wrap around deck houses multiple lounges, hanging chairs, a ten-seater outdoor dining table, plus an indulgent outdoor bath tub and plunge pool. Visit barefootescapes.com.au
4. Perched on the side of the Chamberlain River and Gorge in the heart of the Kimberley, El Questro Homestead offers and adventurous and luxurious outback experience. After a day exploring the Australian outback, we could think of nothing we'd rather do than watch the sunset from this luxurious freestanding outdoor bath. Visit elquestro.com.au
5. Perched on the cliff overlooking beautiful Snelling's Beach and across to Kangaroo Island, this heated Jacuzzi at Lifetime Private Retreats' 'Cliff House' is where we'd rather be. Get their in-house catering team prepare you dinner while you soak and sip on some of the regions finest wine. Heaven. Visit life-time.com.au
6. With its open-air safari tents boasting the kind of amenities you'd find in a luxury hotel, Paperbark Camp is perfect for nature lover's who don't enjoy roughing it. Featuring wrap around decks, polished timber flooring, king bed with luxury linen and a private open-air ensuite bathroom with free standing bath, this eco-escape takes glamping to a whole new level. Visit paperbarkcamp.com.au
7. While many tiny home experiences involve living with the bare essentials, TinyHome Private Escape is a little different. Located on a private organic farm in the heart of the Adelaide Hills, these custom-built cabins with bespoke interiors offer an outdoor bath and rain shower with breathtaking views. Visit tinyhomeprivateescape.com
8. Can quite bring yourself to bathe outdoors? Built on the water with its own private pontoon and panoramic Sydney Harbour views, Pier One Sydney Harbour offer suites featuring a freestanding bath perched in front by a private balcony, so you can soak up the view from the privacy of your room. Visit pieronesydneyharbour.com.au